November 15, 2023
- Welcome and Introductions
- Current Chamber membership is at 97. New and current members can now register and do renewals online.
- Taste of Waldwick was on October 23 and was a huge success. There were a 167 people in attendance. It was great exposure for our local restaurants. We were able to make a $2,500 donation.
- There will be no December meeting.
- There will be an end of year board meeting in December
- 5K sponsor forms are now available. ShopRite Inserra will be our presenting sponsor again next year. The 5k was able to make $36,000 in various donations last year.
- Boys State interview is open to all current juniors in high school and application start in January.
- December 1 is the town tree lighting and the town is starting to get ready for the holidays.
- NJ Transit has been working on painting and cleaning up the stairs by the train station.
- Congratulations to Christine Figlioulo on her first grandchild. Her daughter and son in law had a baby girl.
- Graphically Speaking is having a calendar special.
- Valley Bank, M&T Bank and Lakeland Bank all have special CD rates available.
- Toys for Tots has a drop off at the Chiropractor office above 7 Eleven.
- Mayor Giordano has been re elected as mayor. The chamber thanks him for his continued support.
- Guest speaker was Mike Tozzoli CEO of West Bergen Mental Healthcare. He told us about the center and their locations in Waldwick and Ramsey. They have 300 employees and are also in 19 school systems in the area. They provide services for children and families in the area. They are a non profit that provide treatment for those with or without insurance with equal treatment for all. They will be the Chambers featured member for the month of December.
- There is a grand opening on 11/15 for our new member Graze and Craze Charcuterie in Ramsey at 88 East Main Street.
- Liquorland will be having their grand opening soon.
- November 29 will be a Paint and Sip event at A2Z EyeCare.
- On October 21 there was a grand opening for Flourish Chriopractic and Wellness.
- There was Veteran’s Day assembly at Waldwick Jr. High School on November 8 and 11.
- The 16th annual 5K will be May 5, 2024 with a Cinco de Mayo theme. They had their first kick off meeting on 11/6
- Members should contact the chamber if they have any announcements or promotions scheduled and if they would like it promoted on social media.
Next meeting will be January 2024
Minutes respectfully submitted by,
WCOC Vice President